Achieving a spa quality facial at home is not as difficult as you might think. All you need is the right products, some patience and an afternoon with nothing else to do.
Here are some simple steps for achieving a high quality facial at home.
- Set the scene. Make sure the space you are working in is completely clean, well-lit and has the right amount of fresh air. To further set the ambience you could light a few candles and play some music softly. Also be sure to have everything on hand, ready to go.
- Start by cleansing your face. Use a nice, gentle cleanser to completely clean your face.
- Next, gently exfoliate your skin with a good quality exfoliator to unclog your pores and remove dead skin cells.
- Then, carefully steam your face by either leaning over a bowl of hot water, or wrapping a hot towel over your face.
- Use a toner to tone your skin.
- Spread a nutrient-rich facial mask across your face to moisturize and hydrate your skin as well as remove any impurities. Allow to dry and harden and then wipe from your face using a hot, moist face towel.
- Finish by applying moisturizer, massaging in gently in a circular motion.